Thursday, September 27, 2007

Chickpeas in the form of falafel probably make up the best food. Ever. Assuming, of course, you fry them and don't bake them. (Seriously, why would you decide to do this?) I also have a fondness for chana masala, probably borne from frozen meals, which is kind of sad, although it's really very good for what it is. (Frozen Indian food.)
Which is to say, something named Popcorn Chickpeas is going to haunt me until I make it. With that recipe and another similar one, I made half a can up. It is...sort of terrifying to make. Granted, only three chickpeas total decided to exuberantly leave the skillet, but you could tell a lot more wanted to. I suppose I should have been clued in by the 'popcorn' part. After that though, I threw in some chopped garlic, cumin and salt and pepper and couldn't really stop eating it until I was done, even after I started to get kind of sick of them. It would make a good party snack, not that I've ever thrown a party in my life. But maybe it's time to start. (hint hint, roommates.)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home