Saturday, October 27, 2007

i like polygons, okay?


i can feel your disappointment. i'm disappointed in myself, really. but i tried! i tried to find a sugar pumpkin to make pumpkin pie from scratch with. i went to three stores! so, you (and i) should really be disappointed in new york city and their terrible supermarkets and groceries.
so, i went back to my old tried and true friend, libby's pumpkin. which still took me four stores in my neighborhood to find.
this is also a story about how i can't, for the life of me, roll out a pie dough to fully cover any sort of pie dish. i think this may have to do with the fact that my chopping board is too small, the width of saran wrap is too short, and cookbooks don't actually know what 1/8" actually looks like. however, i should also know to just make a recipe and a half whenever i make pie dough. whatever, at least i actually had shortening (helloooooo crisco) to put in it this time.


as for the filling, i deviated from my normal libby's pumpkin side-of-the-label recipe, because, as i said, i was GOING to eviscerate my own pumpkin. alas, there's always thanksgiving. i used this recipe, which is probably still the same as most other pumpkin pie recipes. and turned as just as delicious. it made a bit too much for my pie tin, so i put the overflow in its own ramekin. because if there's anything i love, it's ramekins, squirrels, and geometric shapes, all neatly represented in the next two pictures. again, i know, we're all disappointed in me. i should have tried to get them all in one shot.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home