Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Introduction

Alright. I think the easiest way to do this will be to provide a main overview, then separate posts for *special* foods, then a post on what I would have done differently. Thank you, five paragraph essay form, and a shout-out to my high school English professor. (Hi Chick!)
And in case you think I'm insane for writing up Thanksgiving this much, it's really all for my benefit so the next time I have (get!) to do this, I'll be a little more prepared.
So, I made three pies Wednesday night, schlumped about and made hand turkeys and watched the dog show Thursday morning. The menu was, and I quote from my notes: turkey, gravy, potatoes, yams, green bean casserole, peas, rolls, cranberry sauce, wild rice, stuffing. My notes also have asides, like 0 min (cranberry sauce, which turned out to be more exciting than one would think. And by exciting, I mean bloodier. I hope my roommate's sister is still alive, is all I'm saying.) and ~20 min for the wild rice.
Finally, all pictures in this series were taken by my extremely capable little sister, who has a real camera and a knowledge of things like light, and composition. Below, a picture of the kitchen table before any of the cooking, and a picture of the dining table set up in the living room before any food.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home