Thursday, November 15, 2007

mmm, millet

I made the no-knead bread a few days ago. I've made the basic recipe 2 or 3 times before, so this time I used 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour to replace some of the white flour, and threw in sunflower seeds and millet. I've been obsessing about millet since college, when the dining hall (hi pierce!) occasionally had this awesome bread that had about 10 billion types of seeds and grains in it. So I hunted down millet in Seattle (seriously, New York has something against bulk foods...maybe it's a law?) and brought it back to New York for this express purpose of making myself bread. And it's very enjoyable bread. Now I just have to figure out what all those other seeds were.

The obligatory somewhat gross pictures of the baking process: right after mixing the dough together. And after about 20 hours. It should have taken less time to get the little bubbles on top of the dough, leading me to believe I should have bought new yeast. Or at least used the unopened packet. Cooked and all. A slice of bread. Sadly, the resolution is not quite good enough to see the tasty sunflower seeds and millet.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home