Sunday, December 23, 2007

Icebox Chocolate Chip Cookies

I've been meaning to post on this since the 10th, and I've managed to eat them all in 3 or 4 batches since then. They originally started as baked-in-the-car cookies, but given that it's December and I don't have a car, I used the slice-and-bake recipe. Which is, admittedly, very convenient. The first time I baked some, they had a very chemically, plastic-y taste. The next time I made them, after they had been in the freezer for a few days and I let them thaw before I baked them, came out much better. I'm assuming it's just the extra time left in the freezer, or maybe I hadn't gotten *all* the wax paper off the first time, but they were fine ever since. They are better right out of the oven as they harden considerably the next day. Which is maybe the point, you can just make fresh cookies whenever you want. But those Pillsbury cookies in the tube are, um, probably better. Tube cookies are better than a lot of cookies, actually. Nevertheless, we forge on.

Here the roll of cookie lies, letting cold air out of the freezer.

Again, in forced perspective.

An unbaked, perfectly circular cookie. They don't spread out much like drop cookies, as one can see by comparison with the first picture.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home