Thursday, September 27, 2007

Fluffy! (Pancakes, not a dog or anything)


I made lemon-ricotta pancakes a few days ago, as you can see from the lists below, but I didn't take any pictures until yesterday, since when I did make them, my roommate and I sat at the kitchen table and basically ate them as soon as they came off the stove. They didn't need any accompaniment (although I did put some syrup on a few, as the chicken and waffles from the day before reminded me that I might like syrup after many years of finding it unappealing) and had the right amount of citrus. They were, though, somewhat bland. We decided they either needed some sort of berry jam...or bacon. Maybe both. I settled on yogurt and honey, obviously.


I used this recipe, but with more flour instead of hazelnuts, and I certainly didn't strain the ricotta first or make the lemon sugar the day before. I also added the juice of a lemon, and if I make them again, I'd use oil instead of butter because I think it sort of solidified when added to the cold ingredients, although there might have been some curdling due the the lemon too.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home