Monday, July 16, 2007

J-E-L-L-wait, is this trademarked?

I had some packets of gelatin left over from a marshmallow making experiment (Okay, it turned out fine, and the marshmallows made excellent s'mores. I think I looked at a few different recipes and combined them somehow. Okay, here's a picture.)

On the back of the box, Knox promotes Fruit Juice Knox Blox. Or, as I like to call it, Generic Gelatin Dessert. It is as simple as Jell-o, just sub out water for juice. Ingenious! Black raspberry juice from Trader Joe's led to these rather gothic looking animals. The cookie cutters were a gift from a roommate, despite the fact that he rescinded the frog almost immediately. I found it in his room however and freed it. Long story. The pig, because it's the year of the boar, and the squirrel because I have a thing with squirrels. Note the squirrel on the plate, a gift from the other roommate. They taste strangely rich and fatty, but not as sweet as Jello, so more 'grown-up.' Because if there's one thing that screams grown-up, it's squirrel-shaped generic gelatin dessert.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home