Sunday, September 16, 2007

My sister just went off to college, so I felt obliged to send her a care package of zucchini carrot bread.


I also made one zucchini and carrot muffin so I could test it and make sure the bread was edible. I devoured this before photographic evidence could be taken.
I should mention here that I have a special fondness for zucchini carrot bread, as I had it while staying at the Sheraton in New Orleans when I was seven. I recall it was in their standard bread basket in just about every meal. It was delicious, especially as there was no way then I was going to eat frog's legs. It was at some computer trade show, I remember them unveiling some sort of new Macintosh.
I have a terrible propensity for baking bread for too short of a time such that it's either uncooked in the middle or comes out of the pan in more than one piece. This is clearly unacceptable for a gift. I think I baked it around an hour? It came out fine, with only a little knife work, and packaged up nicely.


It turns out, while my sister likes pumpkin bread and banana bread, she's not so much a fan of carrot bread. Sigh.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home