Sunday, April 24, 2011

Creamsicle Liqueur


It's a normal response to want to try something if I see pictures like these, and it involves creamsicle flavored liqueur, and unrefrigerated milk, right? Right?


I think I used about two regular oranges, some vanilla extract (with vanilla beans that had been soaking in it) and scant cups of milk, vodka and sugar. It never really separated at all, although that might be because I shook it whenever I went into the kitchen.
I let it sit, covered with a lid but out out on counter for about 2 weeks (I occasionally uncapped it since I worried about it building up pressure and anaerobic bacteria). And no, the milk never went bad. It did take forever for the milk solids to filter out, but the resulting liqueur does smell like an orange creamsicle. I've been keeping it in the fridge though, and I'm not sure what to mix it with. Ginger ale?

2 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

Alarming!

11:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Rootbeer!

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home