Monday, April 18, 2011

Pull-apart bread

I was looking for a recipe for monkeybread, but came upon this site for very pretty pull-apart bread, so immediately transferred my affections to that. Really, I just needed a yeasted bread recipe, as my mother got a new brand that seems to work better than anything else.
As you can see, her's looks nicer. I think I needed to roll it thinner, since as you can see, I did a double layer in the pan instead of single. Still, it came out very pretty and tasty. (Nick, it's not as messy as it looks, it was very easy to eat and not sticky or anything). I did let it sit in the fridge overnight, and as much as I love sugar, the cup she calls for in the filling is waaaaaay too much. Granted, I lowered the amount of butter also, but that much butter and sugar cannot physically stick on the dough. Halving the amounts would still be more than enough, I think.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

What IS all that stuff on your bulletin board!?

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home