Monday, May 09, 2011

Bee Cookies

My grandma's 100th birthday is coming up (in November), and we were trying to think of party favors. A google image search for bee cookies produces simply awful cookies, so I tried to make my own. I think I was overly ambitious, but it was an excellent first try. I got the idea and the recipe from this very talented girl. The brown is from cocoa powder; which ended up being too dry, while the yellow and blue (from food dye) ended up being too wet, partially due to how I proportioned out the dough. Rolled out the dough then layered it, then cut striped squares off. I understand many are ugly mutants; it's called brainstorming. I at least got 4 super-cute ones out of the deal. The cookies themselves weren't too bad, but not exciting (the bee part is the exciting part).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home