Saturday, November 12, 2011

Also, I'm aware that I'm phenomenally behind on posting anything that I've made. I'm not quite ready to declare bankruptcy, but maybe I'll try to post some pictures and bare details and that will seem less overwhelming. Oh right! I made KIM CHI. Apparently because I am insane. In retrospect, I would have used larger mason jars (I bought smaller ones because I walked to the store, and those were lighter? I'll admit this made no sense on my part, since I should have just driven. August was a weird month, alright?)

I used that most authentic of all sources for Korean food...the New York Times.
Incidentally, I didn't use fish sauce, but I think I did add in some Korean chili paste. The jars sat at room temp between 1.5 and 5 days. It was hard to tell when they were bubbling since I think I overfilled them. Also, everyone has a different idea about how to make kim chi and most of my sources completely contradicted one another (do not fill with liquid vs. make sure everything is covered by liquid, for instance. How long to soak the cabbage was another issue. Overnight? Or just briefly? It was very confusing, but I really enjoyed the end product).

2 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

ew

2:38 AM  
Blogger birdlime said...

That's very constructive.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home